Recompletion / Restimulation
Plug & Abandonment
Put your downhole tools to the test in our controlled laboratory environment.
Before you deploy costly technology in challenging downhole environments, it’s paramount to know whether your technology can stand up to the rigors of the job. The best way to achieve the highest level of equipment integrity is to push tools to extremes in the confines of the laboratory.
Located in our 95,000-square-foot Research & Technology Center in Houston, our comprehensive testing facilities feature a fully equipped flow-loop system with dynamometer and an HPHT testing vessel – both of which accurately replicate extreme wellbore conditions. To ensure stringent quality and safety controls, all testing services include full-service collaboration with knowledgeable C&J engineering staff.
HIGH-SPEED, HIGH-VOLUME FLOW LOOP WITH DYNAMOMETER
Our customizable flow-loop system enables comprehensive testing of downhole tools and tool-string combinations to test agitators, measurement-while-drilling (MWD) tools, motors, bits, frac plugs and more.
For equipment subject to high flow rates, C&J flow-loop testing provides:
- Continuous, 24/7 testing for extended periods
- Ability to apply precise levels of force, including:
- Side load
- Flow rate up to 1,028 gal/min
- Up to 5,000 psi sustained operating pressure
HPHT TESTING VESSEL
Our pressure-testing services subject downhole tools and components to extreme pressures, temperatures and related fluctuations to reproduce the conditions of challenging downhole environments.
For equipment subject to high pressures and temperatures, C&J pressure-vessel testing provides:
- Large-scale testing capabilities for tool strings up to 26 ft
- Up to 30,000 psi sustained operating pressure
- Up to 540°F sustained temperature
- A range of testing applications, from 15-minute quality checks to engineering tests exceeding 200 hours