Recompletion / Restimulation
LateralScience Engineered Completions
Get to Know Your Lateral
C&J’s LateralScienceSM engineered completions use common drilling data to provide a reliable, cost-effective answer product that delivers powerful insight, leading to an optimized completion process on every well.
This value-added technique enables operators to engineer the completion design using existing drilling data on every completion, whether it’s a new well or a refracture operation. The result is significant productivity improvement without any significant increased cost or additional wellsite activity. LateralScience is:
- Cost-effective–The LateralScience process uses existing drilling data to determine completion placement. No additional data acquisition costs are required.
- Efficient–Since existing drilling data is utilized to determine completion placement, no additional rig time, processes or equipment are needed. Operational efficiency, critical in today’s market, is maintained.
- Scalable–A straightforward workflow makes the process deployable in high volume, multi-well applications and delivers results reliably and accurately.
- Impactful–Intelligent placement of the completion and perforations helps increase production by accessing bypassed reserves in refracturing operations and optimizes completions in new wells. LateralScience provides a direct impact on your bottom line.
LateralScience Data Enables Uniform Fracture Treatment within Each Frac Stage
The process uses commonly available drilling measurements and mud motor parameters to derive Mechanical Specific Energy (MSE). The MSE parameter is a good proxy for Unconfined Compressive Strength (UCS), a valuable reservoir parameter commonly used in frac designs. A facies-based answer product is the result, enabling the operator to position perforation clusters so that they break down at a common treating pressure for a uniform fracture treatment within each frac stage.
Field-Proven on Over 500 Wells
LateralScience has been applied successfully on over 500 wells and validated through comparison to sonic logs, FMI logs, and production logs, as well as through comparison of actual production history in offsetting wells.
- Case Study: Seismos and C&J Energy Services Team Up to Avoid Frac Hits in the Eagle Ford
- Case Study: LateralScience℠ Process Compares Favorably to a Full Suite of Wireline Logs
- Case Study: Silverback Exploration Cashes in Using LateralScience℠ Advanced Analysis
- Case Study: LateralScience℠ Wells Compare Favorably with Sonic in the Marcellus Shale
- Case Study: LateralScience℠ Wells Outperform Offset Wells in the Wolfcamp Shale
- Case Study: Production Log Validates LateralScience℠ Results
- Reservoir Stimulation Services
- C&J Service Solutions Snapshot
- Capabilities and Service Offerings Brochure
- Well Completions | Locations and Areas of Operation Map
- Contact Careers/Recruiting