Recompletion / Restimulation
Plug & Abandonment
C&J Energy Services is an industry-leading provider of perforating, pipe recovery, fishing and wireline logging services, with operations and facilities in all major oil-and-gas producing regions of the continental U.S.
For our West Coast customers, we provide cased-hole wireline services through our California-based subsidiary, Tiger Wireline. Specializing in pipe recovery, Tiger Wireline also provides perforating, tubing-conveyed perforating and logging services.
C&J provides premium perforating services for wireline and tubing-conveyed applications. Our systems can be run in conjunction with a drilling rig, pulling rig, snubbing unit or coiled-tubing unit. We regularly perform jobs that combine multiple guns, shot sequentially, using percussion-activated switches. We also offer RF-safe addressable switches designed, in-house by our world-class Research & Technology Center. Every perforating project is precisely tailored to operator specifications and the unique parameters of the completion strategy, using the industry’s highest-quality perforating hardware and charges.
Full Range of Perforating Equipment with Addressable Switch Capability
- Tubing-conveyed perforating equipment
- Pipe-recovery equipment (freepoint, backoff and all types of cutters)
- Downhole head-tension tool
- Mechanical- and explosive-release tools
- 5,000- and 10,000-psi pressure control equipment
- Sour-service wireline cables
- Crane services
- Wireline-friction/pump-rate modeling
We design and manufacture frac plugs are trusted to deliver low-cost, high-performance reliability in vertical, deviated and horizontal wells. Their high-strength composite bodies can be drilled out efficiently, using coil or stick pipe, to enable full wellbore flow.
With a comprehensive range of pipe-recovery services, we are particularly adept at pipe recovery in deep and highly deviated wells. Our services include:
- Acoustic stuck-pipe log
- Free-point services
- Fish-finder log
- Backoff string shots
- Radial cutting torches
- Explosive jet cutters
- Chemical cutters
- Split shots
- Junk shots
- Shooting of circulation holes
- Tool retrieval
- MWD retrieval and installation
- Gyro survey instruments
C&J field personnel are extensively trained to deploy and operate the industry’s most sophisticated, highest-quality downhole- and surface-acquisition equipment. We deliver comprehensive, industry-standard cased-hole logging services – from collar logs to radial cement-bond logs. The wireline systems we deploy enable us to quickly provide highly accurate reports, formatted to your exact specifications. Every log is meticulously annotated – so you always have a clear reference going forward. Data can be displayed in various formats and can be readily transferred to paper logs. In addition, our purpose-built fleet of wireline trucks features a new, open-back design that improves visibility, efficiency and safety.
Wireline Logging Components & Capabilities
- Radial cement-bond log tools (1-11/16 to 4-1/2 in. sizes)
- Electromagnetic thickness and multifinger (24-60) caliper tools with 3D-visualization software
- Compensated and single-detector neutron tools
- Combinable logging services to reduce well runs
- Production logging tools (flowmeter, gradiometer, dielectric, pressure, temperature)
- Noise/temperature logging tools
- Secure portal system to deliver customer data